Year 2/3 – Mrs Edwards

Autumn 2021

Our Class Prayer

Dear Jesus,
Before we begin our school work today,
Let us take some time to pray.
Help me God, to be kind and strong;
To know what’s right and be honest when I’ve done wrong.
Remind us all to care for each other.
Be with me God throughout the day. 
  Amen. 

Please read below to find out what we will be learning about this Autumn Term.  There are also some useful links for some learning games that you could play with your child at home, along with general class information.

This term in Year 2/3 we will be learning about The Romans in our topic work.  The children will learn about the Roman Empire and its impact on Britain at the time and the legacy it left us.  They will acquire and practise skills in expressive art of drawing and designing mosaic patterns and another item of their choice from Roman times.  They will work together investigating and explaining bridge designs and be challenged to create their own bridge.  How much weight can their bridges hold?

Click the link below to view our Romans topic planner.

Romans Planner Autumn 2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zqtf34j/articles/z9j4kqt

In Year 2/3 your child will continue to use Seesaw for weekly homework.  Tasks will be set each Friday, we expect the homework to be complete by the following Thursday.  Nightly reading with your child will help them progress quickly.  Reading books will be sent home on Friday.  Library books will be sent home on Monday.  Spellings for the half term have been sent home, please practise with your child, ensuring correct letter formation.  Spelling tests will be on Friday.  PE sessions are on Tuesday.  Please ensure your child has a PE kit bag on this day.

Click the link below to view information on our RE topics for the term and further general class information.

RE Planner Autumn 2021

Click the following links below to find out the Language and Mathematics outcomes we use to move your child’s learning on.  These outcomes can be worked on if your child has to isolate.  If you are unsure of where your child is in their learning please ask me.

LLC O3

LLC O4

LLC O5

LLC O6

MD O3

MD O4

MD O5

MD O6

Many thanks for your continued support.  Mrs Evans and I are looking forward to an exciting term in class with your children.

Mrs Edwards x