Year 1/2 – Mrs Edwards

Welcome to the Spring Term!

I hope you are all well and have had a wonderful Christmas.  Happy New Year!

We are beginning this term learning together online through Seesaw.  If you need any support to log in to your child’s account please phone the school and your Seesaw sign in code will be provided to you.

This term our topic is ‘Mini Zoo’.  This project has a Knowledge and Understanding of the World focus and the children will learn about different animals and habitats, life cycles, explore why animals are important to us and hear about organisations and people who look after animals.  At the heart of this topic the children will be learning about how zoos are organised, learning to write instructions and making simple maps.  I hope that your child enjoys their daily set tasks and I look forward to seeing their work.

In addition to Seesaw tasks below you will find resources to further support your child’s learning.

RE Blackboard

Jolly phonics sounds and actions

Jolly Phonics sound sheet

Letter Formation Alphabet Handwriting Sheet Uppercase and Lowercase

Tricky words

100 square

Number bonds to 10

Subtraction from 10 number line cards

Addition to 20

Your child will be working on their individual targets in class.  These are the targets that were sent home following parent’s evening calls last term.  If you have misplaced your child’s targets you can find a copy below.  To support their learning please look through the following sheets.  These are the next steps of learning through your child’s Mathematical Development and Language, Literacy and Communication Development.  If you have any questions, or if you are unsure what target your child is working through please do not hesitate to ask by messaging either through Seesaw, or by phoning the school.

MD O1 MD O2 MD O3 MD O4 MD O5 MD O6

LLC O1   LLC O2  LLC O3 LLC O4 LLC O5 LLC O6

I know how challenging life can be through these uncertain times.  I know the pressures of working from home with little ones running around is not easy.  Choose your battles and remember to be kind to yourselves.  If I can support you in any way please let me know.

Stay safe!

Mrs Edwards xx