Dosbarth Daffodil – Mrs Edwards

Our concept this term will develop the children’s knowledge ‘Our Local Area’. They will be finding out about the places they can visit in Neath and what they can do in there.  The children will be describing their favourite local place and learn to give reasons why it is special to them.  Together we will discuss which materials were used to construct buildings in our local area and question why these materials were chosen.  We will explore both natural and human-made materials to find out about the different properties. The children will be working together to create a small world model of places of interest, beginning to develop an understanding directions and maps.  We will talk about how humans can have a positive or negative impact on our area and what we can do to help.  Artwork will be produced to remind people in our community to keep our local area litter-free. 

Home link: Can your child name all of the rooms in your home? Have they got a favourite place to be? Talk to them about why this place is special to them.  We are very lucky to have so many places to visit in our local area.  We would love to have photographs of your child out and about exploring the different places to visit for our class display this term.  Please email any photo’s you have of your child enjoying; the Gnoll Park, Victoria Gardens, the Gwyn hall cinema, Neath Library etc to stjosephsprimary@npt.school. Many thanks for your continued support! 

Please click below to view our termly overview.

Blackboard Summer term 24 concept

Through our RE scheme the children will explore, ‘Ways of Knowing’, with the children’s learning being driven by the questions;

• What will I see and hear to help me understand?
  • How will I discover more?
  • What can I do now?

A huge THANK YOU for attending our class assembly. The children thoroughly enjoyed retelling the Easter Story, sharing scripture, prayers and hymns together with you. It was a very special afternoon of worship and we appreciate your time.

RE Blackboard Summer Term 24

The children will hear and see the words and actions of the Sign of the Cross: “In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen.”  They will join in with our class and school prayers and take part in services and celebrations in Mass.

Our Class Prayer

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for my friends,

Thank you for my classroom,

Please help me to share, look after the toys and listen to my teachers.

Amen.

TenTen

TenTen is a resource that we use for Religious Education in school. Please click the links below for their latest newsletter and links to daily prayer.

http://www.tentenresources.co.uk/prayers-for-home/parent-newsletter/

We follow the Jolly Phonics programme to learn letter sounds and blends and begin to word build. Please support your child’s learning by revising sounds, blends and word building at home. The full time children have also begun to read and spell the first set of tricky words; I, the, he, she, me, we, be, to, do, was, all and are.

Please click on the links in blue to access activity sheets:

Letter formation

Number formation

Pencil control

There are lots of other practical things that you can do to help prepare your child for school. If your child is not yet as confident in some of these things then please use this time to practice these important skills with your child.

How can I help to prepare my child for school?

Enjoy singing nursery rhymes together. How many can you learn?

Weekly Reminders

Please provide your child with a drink bottle daily.  Fruit can be brought in to school, or school will provide fruit daily for a cost of £1 per week.                                                 

Monday: Whole school assembly. £1 fruit money.         

Tuesday Infant assembly. Please return Oxford Reading, signed records and homework books.  PE kits – All full time pupils must bring a kit to school.  Kits may be left in school until half term. Nursery pupils are to come to school wearing PE kit.         

Wednesday: Music session with Mrs James (fortnightly). 

Thursday: Forest Schools.                      

Friday: Celebration Assembly. Library session with Mrs Adams. Please return library books by the following Friday. Homework and reading books sent home for full time pupils.

Thank you for your continued support!

Mrs Edwards